Friday 6 February 2015

Day 6 - I've seen mare meat on a butcher's pencil

Tired and grumpy this morning again!!!

Back to old faith this morning for breakfast.

Porridge for breakfast (no milk) + cuppa - 11p.

Back to the lentil soup from earlier in the week (no picture). Both Mary and I aren't convinced with this version of lentil soup. I normally make it with Ham Stock cubes and few other bits. Not sure what its but we've another few portions left so we'll be eating it.

Lentil Soup & yogurt - 22p

Both of us were hungry after work. Starving is too strong a word but I definitely felt a bit light headed and knew I needed a wee boost (not the chocolate bar type ... although that would probably just have hit the spot). While the oven was pre-heating I had a quick diluting juice fix and felt a bit better after that.

Diluting juice - 1p

Tonight's dinner was sausage, chips and veg. I'd been thinking about these sausages since we bought them (not necessarily in a "can't wait to get stuck into them" kinda way). The fact that they contain 42% meat left me wondering what the other 58% was.... anti-matter?? I'm a bit of a sausage snob and do like a nice meaty 97% sausage. Oh I could go one of those right now with fried onions on a wee brioche roll ..... with tomato sauce OR proper brown sauce OR Mustard (whole grain or american) OR a tomato relish. No idea why I'm even thinking about the options to have on this fantasy sausage. Anyway back to my wee pale meatless sausage I faced tonight. Here they are all .. 42% meaty goodness!!



And here they are are after a bit browning and cut in half to crisp the insides to give a bit texture.


And the full dinner with the customer dusting of chilli powder on the fries to spice things up. I think I've used the chilli in every dinner we've had so far.


It actually wasn't that bad. What do you expect for £1.50 for 20 sausages??

Sausage, chips and veg - 36p

We're away out for a walk with Bails now so we're not typing this thing up at 11pm like last night.

When we get back we're looking to have some toast and a cuppa later.

Cuppa, toast with honey - 6 p

Looking forward to the weekend as we've not spent our £1 everyday so there is a little bit to in the bank for a treat.

Total raised so far £552.18.  Thanks again for all the support.

Paul & Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment