Thursday 5 February 2015

Day 5 - Goldfrapp Yogurts, Curry but no Rennies

A change from routine today with some scrambled egg, beans and toast with a wee dollop of brown sauce. The beans were actually ok and only 24p a tin. We had 1/2 a tin between us so we could have a big breakfast at the weekend.

Egg, Beans, Toast and Brown Sauce + Tea - 20p


Mid morning snack Black Cheery yogurt from Tesco's Everyday range. But a nice wee treat all the same.

Yogurt - 8p




More soup for lunch today. Today's "special" was the tomato and lentil soup from last night's batch I made. Both Mary and I though this was the tastiest soup yet.

Tomato and Lentil Soup (5 double portions) £1.11
Passata - 35p
Tomato Puree - 10p
Lentils - 27p
Onion - 18p
Stockcubes - 10p
Spaghetti - 3p
Chilli Powder - 2p
Salt n Papper - 2p
Herbs - 3p
Lemon - 1p

Mary was working from home and remembered to take a picture just before she finished.


Soup - 11p

Double treat today with an apple in the afternoon.

Apple - 17p

We were both excited by dinner tonight as we are both curry fans although I must confess veggie curry isn't something I would normally go for or make. We were also going to try a flat bread recipe sent to us by our friend Lee (MacGregor).

Here's the flat breads on the pan and coming in at an amazing 3p for two!!!!! I suspect we'll be doing more of these.


Veg Curry, rice + flatbread - 43p


I made too much rice though as I felt a bit bloated later. Think I'll cut the rice in half next time.

Cuppa tea was skipped tonight due to feeling too full. I could do with a Rennie but they're not in the budget.

Total for today 99p

Total raised so far £509 which is brilliant as we're over 50% and only 5 days in.

Thanks for all the support so far.

Paul & Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment