Wednesday 4 February 2015

Day 4 - Tortured by Monkfish and Parma Ham

Today started well. Both woke up not feeling hungry and we both had a good sleep. I suspect yesterday's grumpy mood was my body missing the alcohol.

Porridge again for breakfast (I might be typing this at least 24 times over the next month).

Porridge for breakfast (no milk) + cuppa - 11p.

Mary was in work again today with her flask of soup and 1 digestive biscuit. I had the pleasure of doing a food photography shoot for Mark Greenaway at his restaurant. I was doing ok until he brought out his monkfish and parma ham dish. I could actually feel my mouth watering as he brought it to the table. Normally I'm lucky enough to get to try some of the dishes after we've shot them but not today much to my disappointment. Here's my happy wee face with Mark and his deliciously looking (and smelling) dish!!


So after lunch back to the studio to have my flask of soup (minus the digestive as I was saving mine for later).

While having my soup I was called by a journalist to talk about our challenge. Looks like we might be in the paper in the next week. Will keep you posted.

Soup - 23p

Mary had a pilates class tonight so we had 1 1/2 slice of toast each to tide us over until she got back at 8pm.

Toast with  butter - 5p


While Mary was at her class I made our 3rd batch of soup... a Tomato and Lentil soup with a small handful of broken spaghetti. Lunch tomorrow.

Pizza for dinner and its the first time I've made one with Self Raising flour for years. Wasn't too bad if you are looking to turn it round quickly.

Pizza breakdown for 2 pizzas
Flour - 7p
1/2 Tin Toms - 16p
Cheese - 28p
Chilli - 10p
Tomato Purree - 4p
Peppers - 25p
Garlic - 2p
Herbs - 1p
Salt n Pepper - 1p
Oil - 2p

Total of 96p for two.

Pizza - 48p

Finished the night off with our regular Tea (and digestive for me). 

Tea and biscuit - 2p

Total for today 89p each.

If we keep this up we'll have 50p spare by the weekend. Apart from the visit to Mark's .... today has probably been the easiest day so far.

Total raised so far £469.  Thanks for all the support so far.

Paul & Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment