Thursday 12 February 2015

Day 12 - Skin jeans to baggy trousers ... checking out the peaches!!

Both woke up knackered this morning even though we went to bed early. Not sure if it's lack of energy or the fact that Bailey slept with us last night as we were worried he wasn't well and thought we'd keep an eye on him. He was fine. Probably putting it on so he can get on the big bed!!

We're both loosing a bit of weight. When we put our jeans on this morning we both noticed how loose they were. Mine were a recent buy that I would have said could have classified as skinny jeans a few weeks ago. They're now feeling a bit baggy around the waist and arse!!!

Porridge again for breakfast.

Porridge + cuppa - 11p

I had another food photography shoot this morning at 9am. More amazing food and aromas and couldn't try a drop. Also a secret new venture so can't even post any of the food I didn't get to eat.

Mary was working from home so after the shoot back home for some toast with a boiled egg. It's very simple but I do love a bit egg and toast. Regular readers will notice there is quite a bit of repetition with the options we have available to us for meals. This actually feels like a treat as it's a breakaway from the regular soup option we have had most lunch time.



Egg and toast - 8p

The afternoon involved me starring at food shots on my computer as I processed the last two days shoots. My stomach was grumbling through most of if so I drank a loads of water to shut it up so I could concentrate.

Back to the sausages for dinner tonight. This is a very quick meal to prepare. I'm beginning to like the fries with the chilli powder on them. So sausage, chips and veg .... oh and a squirt of brown sauce.



Sausages, chips & Veg + Broon Sauce - 35p (we had half a sausage less than last time in case you are checking costs)

Mary is out getting her haircut and I'm about to take Bails for his walk but our plan is to have a real treat tonight. Some tinned peaches!! I must confess I'm really missing the fruit. Since we started we've only had a few apples plus the apples in the 1/2 apple tart from the weekend.

The full tin between us may seem greedy but after all the food I've looked at over the last 2 days I think I can manage my half including the light syrup (I actually did a little lip smacking Hannibal Lecter style thing there as I was typing that last bit). So looking forward to these.



1/2 tin of peaches + cuppa tea - 21p (ended up we just had 1/4 each so 11p)

Total for the day 75p each. - Update at 20:12  .... 65p each

Please use this link if you'd like to donate to Fairshare Just Giving Page.

Total raised so far £787.18. Thanks again for all the support.

Paul & Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment