Tuesday 24 February 2015

Day 24 - As cheap as chips

Purrage again.

Porridge + cuppa - 11p

Mary was working out at the Gyle today so an early start. I dropped her off and took Bails out to see my dad armed with my 2 flasks. One with tea so we could have a cuppa and the other with my tomato, lentil and spaghetti soup. Its a good soup and tastes great but I might not make it for a while after this week.

Tomato, Lentil and Spag Soup - 11p

After a long walk at Calendar park which is one of Bails favourite places I got home and realised I had my day's ration of peanuts waiting for me. 2 at a time. With this small amount you don't what to rush things. I have found that I'm eating slower since we started this. I think you appreciate everything so much more and you want to savour what you are eating.

Peanuts - 4p

This week we are using up what we have left and since we've gone off the fish we're having a few veggie options. Tonight's veggie option is an omelette with chips. The Orangutan killing fries will be gone after tonight never to return. Thinking of proper chips I could murder proper Fish n Chips right now. We both love the chippy in Blair Atholl which is strange considering its probably one of the furthest places from the sea in the whole of Scotland. It is a great chippy and always cooks to order. I'm dreaming of that right now. MMmmmmmmm!!!


Good bye fries.


Would like egg with your peas??


Anyway, here's the omelette and chips.


Pea & Onion Omelette + chips - 28p

After our walk with Bails tonight we will be treating ourselves to a cuppa and half a doughnut. We do look forward to these wee treats at the moment but not sure I want to keep this going once we finish. Too much sugar which is replacing the fruit we are missing.

1/2 Doughnut + cuppa - 3p

Total for the day 57p each (this is the lowest we've spent in a day so far and I can't quite get my head round it myself)

Please use this link if you'd like to donate to Fairshare Just Giving Page.


Total raised so far £915.18. Thanks again for all the support.

Paul & Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment